Most people end the current year by resolving to do better, or differently in the coming year. As I reflect on 2010, I'm compelled to write about how incredibly grateful I am for so many things. So, even though this is too Oprah-esque for my liking, here's my 2010 gratitude list:
1. My kids. We welcomed Maren and Beckett into our lives in March, and have never looked back. I don't think I can find words to describe my gratitude for 3 healthy, amazing, wonderful children.
2. My husband. As far as husbands go, I think I won the jackpot. He's not only a wonderful man, but a suberb father. And, he's handy. And, geeky. And, cute. Thank you Brent for all that you are.
3. My Mother. Not many people would throw themselves into the pit like my Mom has done this year. She has been my sidekick when Brent is away, and I could not have maintained my sanity without her. She's amazing. Definitely worthy of "Mom of the Year" award.
4. My Mother-in-Law. It's comforting to know you've got back up, and my mother-in-law has covered for us many a time this year. Thank you for being there.
5. Yoga pants. A bit funny, I know. But, they got me through weeks 27-35 when pregnant with the twins, and will be my "attire" for this New Year's Eve. Oh, how life has changed.
6. The internet. Ever wonder how you'd function without it? It was my sanity while strapped to a bed and nursing pillow for many months. Oh, and I won't even mention how much time I spent online while on bedrest. A bit obscene, really. But hey, I'm grateful it's around.
7. Red wine. I have 3 kids...enough said.
8. Being a Canadian. With all the turmoil in this world, I am forever grateful to live in this country, even if Stephen Harper is the sitting PM.
9. Good friends and good co-workers. We are so blessed in this regard. I love the clinic and the "Pillars" family so much. Thank you all for being the amazing people that you are. And, a special shout out to Jackie, who makes my work life so much easier. You are one of a kind.
10. Sushi. Yes, it really does deserve its own special mention.
Happy New Year!
How to Be a Grandparent
1 day ago