Friday, October 22, 2010

Maeve and Mommy's day out.

It had felt like ages since Maeve and I had spent some quality time together, so I decided to plan a special morning for just the two of us.   A local group of parents had organized a tour of a fire station, so we signed up for that.  But, before heading to the station we went to Cora's for a yummy breakfast.  Well, I thought it was yummy anyway.

Maeve chose a crepe filled with bananas and chocoate-hazelnut spread, while I treated myself to Cora's amazing eggs benedict.  Maeve did so well while we waited, patiently colouring and drawing pictures.

Here's Daddy, complete with a beard (even though Brent's never sported a beard)

This is me.  Apparently, my head is of the oblong variety.


I was so excited to see her face as her decadent breakfast arrived. But, in true 3-year old fickleness, she decided she'd rather have my fruit after only 3 bites.  Oh well, guess she's better off without all that sugar anyway. :P

Then, it was off to the fire station.  While excited, I think Maeve was a little overwhelmed by the size of the trucks and the number of new people.  She's not usually one to shy away from new experiences, but she was pretty content to stick close to Mama.  She did semi-enjoy sitting in the truck though!

1 comment:

  1. Funny story ....shows the best -laid plans.....anyway, besides having to do a double take at Maeve's photo[ she DOES look serious !], it was a great beginning for many more Mommy/ Maeve days I hope !! xo

    ReplyDelete