Saturday, January 29, 2011

Unusual milestones.

As I sat folding laundry the other day, I noticed that I no longer had spit up and breastmilk stains on my clothes.  It took my breath away for a moment...my "babies" aren't little anymore.  I mean, they are, but they aren't.  A few days later we were heading out to do errands, and I found myself packing snacks, instead of bottles of expressed milk. And, most days, my breastpump sits idle, instead of being on active duty twice a day at the kitchen table.

All of these "milestones" really hit me, especially as they approach their 11th month birthday, inching ever closer to their first birthday in March.  How is it possible that my babies are almost a year old?  A year ago yesterday, I had just finished up at work and was bucking down for a month of weekly appointments, trying to enjoy the last few weeks as a family of three.  And now, we can't imagine life without these two people, who are so different it boggles the mind that they are even related!

Slow down babies, slow down.

1 comment:

  1. It IS impossible to believe that the twins are almost a year old. You have and are doing an amazing parenting job with Maren and Beckett as with Maeve and I can never overstate how very proud I am of you and Brent..

    Nothing could have prepared you for the enormonity of raising twins plus introducing them into the life of big sister Maeve and you have managed it all beautifully even when sooo sleep deprived it was scary at times !!

    Love you and my dear grandchildren more than words can ever express.

    God Bless,
    Love Mom xo

    ReplyDelete