Saturday, June 16, 2012

New house, here we come...



In just 11 days, the movers will come and pack us up, ready to take us to our new house.  We're very excited about our new house which was a 2-year project to find, but are also a little bittersweet about leaving this house, the very first house we bought and brought our babies home to.

We moved in on March 17th, 2006  (St. Patrick's Day), and it proved to be a very "lucky" house for us indeed.  In July 2007 Maeve arrived, followed by Maren and Beckett in March 2010.  Of all the memories I have of the kids in this house, the living room window holds a special place in my heart.

All of the kids pulled up to this window as they learned to walk, watched countless dogs walked along our street, and waved to visitors as they arrived and left.  The little table the lives there has seen snacks, crafts and even tea parties.  As I look at the window tonight in the sunset, I see handprints and fingerprint smudges.  I know our new house will have its new special places, but I do wish I could take this spot with us.


Maeve - 5 months old


Maeve - 7 months old

Maeve 10 months old
Maeve - 11 months old

Maeve reading at her new little table - 21 months

Getting the window ready for Easter - 21 months


Beckett and Maren basking is the window's lovely evening light...


Maren - 6 months
Beckett - 6 months

Maren - 12 months
Beckett - 12 months
Snack tim!

Maren - 13 months

Maeve and Beckett - 12 months

Easter 2011

Beckett - 18 months

Beckett - 2 years

Dress up time!




Happy girl!


Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I will miss this window too. It is the first and last thing I look at every day I come and usually there is a little one waving and I can hear forever the squeals of " Nanny Nanny" in my heart !!! I wish you good luck but you don't need it Sweetie......you make any place a home and the new place will be home for a long time with womderful memories and tons of love !! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this just made me cry. Am trying not to think about the door frame in our kitchen where we've drawn lines to measure the kids' heights.

    ReplyDelete