Saturday, October 26, 2013

We must be doing something right

I have many moments of insecurity as a parent. 

Am I doing the right thing?
Do they feel loved and respected?
Do they believe in themselves?

But, once in awhile something happens that gives me the reassurance I need and today was one of those days. 

The kids had spent the better part of the morning playing fort and had stripped their beds down to the sheets. I asked them to make their beds before lunch, and Maren was very proud to have done it all by herself. Upon hearing this, Maeve quietly crept upstairs, returning with a five dollar bill taken from her piggybank. She asked if she could give it to Maren, as she was proud of her for making her bed for the first time. I reminded her that five dollars was an entire week's allowance, but she insisted she wanted to give it to her. 

Oh how I love this kid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment