Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Three things.

Today was one of those days that started out on the wrong foot, but ended on a high note. These three short conversations are ones I don't ever want to forget. 

While getting ready for preschool, I told Beckett that he looked handsome. He furrowed his brow and and "I'm NOT handsome. I'm just your Bubby!"  Yes you are Bubby, yes you are. 

After returning from preschool with a bag full of valentines, Beckett was devastated that he'd crushed one of his Hershey kisses. Maren agreed to trade and Beckett thanked her so profusely that it brought tears to my eyes. So lovely to see genuine gratitude and generosity from my sweet children. 

And finally with Maeve at bedtime, I was discussing my upcoming trip to NYC next week. She said she was going to miss me. I of course will miss her took but reminded her that I'd bring her a souvenir. She said "but that's a thing, and people are more important than things". Oh my, how she makes me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment