Thursday, July 15, 2010

The makings of a good day.

I don't have any pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it. But, today was a pretty good day.  The twins had a decent night (only up twice before 5 am) so I wasn't a complete zombie by morning.  My Mom and I packed up the crew and headed to shubie park for a nice walk, and enjoyed a bit of cooler weather.  Then, we came home and had lunch.  Nap time was relatively uneventful (which is always nice) and we spent the afternoon painting and playing with building blocks.  Our backyard gets very hot, so not fun in 32 C weather.

After an easy supper of egg salad sandwiches, Maeve, Maren and I headed off to soocer practice while Nanny manned the fort with Beckett (who doesn't do well with missed naps and late bedtimes).  It was the perfect evening for sitting on the sidelines with my good friend Jackie.  She kept Maren upright while I kept an eye on Maeve. And for once, Maeve actually stayed with her team and coach for most of the time.

And now, it's 8:30, all the kids are in bed and I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine. 

A good day indeed.  More please.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, more please !! Jenn never goes into the logiistics of getting three into a van after a few hours sleep.....not being a morning person myself I am always amazed at her energy and will to get out of the house and have fun with her very young family !!

    I follow quite well so we work well as a team ...

    Looking foward to more quietly wonderful days such as this !! xo

    ReplyDelete