Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hey, hey, we're the monkeys...

...or at least I am, according to Maeve.  Princess Maeve declared that she, Maren and Lighty (the cat) were princesses.  Daddy, Beckett and Monty (the other cat) were Kings and Mama was a monkey.  What do you say to that exactly?  Daddy did ask if I could be 'Queen of the Monkeys', but even that title was turned down.  Monkey it is then.

In other news, we had a successful outing today!  Brent's mother has sold her house and has moved to an apartment. Today we visited her house for the last time before its closing, and then headed out for a nice brunch at a local club.  The "success" part of the story is that the twins were up for 4 hours and were so well behaved at lunch I barely recognized them.  It almost felt like an episode of the 'Twilight Zone' as Maeve was cooperating and sitting in her seat, Beckett wasn't squirming or crying, and Maren wasn't wanting to nurse every 10 minutes.  Lovely.

Oh, and I managed a 1.5 hour nap when we got home.  Does it get any better?


1 comment:

  1. I am sooo happy the twins and my Maeve listened to my little chat about being extra good while I am away !! xo

    ReplyDelete