Thursday, June 3, 2010

Family outing - fail.

Oh my....coordinating the schedules of two infant babies and one well-grown toddler is a challenge, to say the least.

Maeve's first soccer practice was tonight at 6 pm. I thought it would be nice if all of us could be there for her first practice. You know, Dad on the field, Mom and siblings cheering her on. Well, that pipe dream never came to fruition. Here's what actually happened.

Rain started to fall just as we arrived. Having realized we'd parked as far away as possible from the field, Brent took the twins back to the van, and moved to a closer spot. We traded off, and I sat with the twins in the van. After exactly 36 seconds, they both started to cry. So, seeing that the rain seemed to be holding off, I packed them back into the stroller (no small feat) and headed to the field, only to discover there were no entrances that would accommodate a double stroller. So, I stood at the top of the field, holding Beckett most of the time (as he cried non-stop) and jiggled Maren as needed.

I got a glimpse or two of Maeve, but was mainly focused on the fact that she didn't have a hood and was quite wet. Yay us, our parenting award is in the mail, right?

But, she did have fun and went to bed quite quickly. So, we'll look forward to next week, except only one of use will be accompanying Maeve this time.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. I am sorry it didn't work out. I have similar pipe dreams sometimes and it sucks when things go south. I am sure that you will all be able to go to the field together soon. I am very glad to hear that Maeve had fun :)

    ReplyDelete