Friday, June 4, 2010

Musings.

1. Zippered sleepers are the way to go. I hate snaps.
2. If you love me, bring me food. If you don't, bring a complicated sleeper with snaps. ;)
3. Anyone with twins will tell you that twins will attract a lot of attention, but you'd be surprised how personal the questions get. At least 50% of strangers we meet ask us how they were conceived ("natural" or "fertility drugs") and if we're done having kids. I'm not an overly private person, but come on, I think that's a bit much, no?
4. I have two new people in my life. And, these people, have their own sets of needs, wants, dislikes, etc. That's a tough thing for a type-A planner to accept. Beckett reminds me of this on a daily basis. :P
5. Please don't ask a mom of multiples if she's busy, or sleep deprived. It's a very common question, and asked far too often.

That's all, carry on. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the zippered sleepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to zippered sleepers!

    As for the questions (both those from point 3 and 5), people are dumb. Start thinking up witty replies; I am sure it will improve your feeling about the whole thing immensely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 3 postings in one week! You must be getting the hang of something! :-)

    I would like to bring you food and some clothing for Beckett (from my boys, maybe even a zippered sleeper - I'll look!) - when can we get together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I agree with you on zippered sleepers !! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Further to the "don't ask a mom of multiples if she's tired". Also don't tell mom of multiples and a toddler that she's got her hands full. This is not news. If I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me, I would have enough money to hire a nanny :)

    And I hear you on the zippered sleepers.They were awesome.

    Now that mine are bigger, we don't attract nearly as much attention. But that could be because mine are so different in size and appearance that no one thinks they are twins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if you have two kids close together people will constantly tell you you have your hands full. Yeah, I know. Let's move on.

    I was in a workshop that had a module on multiples, and one of the best things the instructor said was "twins are siblings born at the same time", meaning they will still have individual needs and personalities and will need to be treated like two separate people. A lot of singleton moms forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corinna - give me a call and we'll figure something out. I'd love to see you!

    April - It's not just singleton moms that forget!

    ReplyDelete